The Redteam blue print is a video course created by Brandon Dennis which aims to take anyone with no previous security knowledge and give them a good starting point from which to pursue a career in cyber security.
The course covers all the topics you would expect as well as a multitude of others such as the typical structure of red and blue teams, advice for applying for jobs and tips for passing the interviews.
Most courses I’ve seen in the past briefly advise learners to find a programming language they are comfortable with and take a separate course to improve their knowledge however Brandons course includes 2:30 of Python tutorials and 1:40 in Assembly. While This is only enough to cover the topics briefly it is more than enough to get someone started with either language.
Brandon himself has completed the OSCP and is studying for the OSCE. it feels like his choice of topics and how deep he goes into each topic is aimed at someone who eventually wants to commit and study for the OSCP. The course would also be useful for someone looking at the Comptia Security+ or the EC-Council CEH.
- Far more in depth than other courses I’ve seen which claim to go to beginner –> hacker
- Plenty of demonstrations showing the concepts discussed.
- The course covers far more than just the technical aspect of cyber security.
- Lots of extra resources provided with the lectures such as templates or links for further reading:
- All the standard stages of a red team assignment are covered: reconnaissance, enumeration, exploit, pivoting, privilege escalation, persistence, covering tracks.
- The teachers voice is clear and easy to understand.
- The screen capture was recorded at a high resolution and is sometimes only visible if you have a good steady internet connection which auto connects at 1080p, for some reason you cannot manually set it to anything higher than 720p which means if you are on a weak connection you cannot see what is happening on screen:
- The module regarding job hunting and salary is very specific to the USA. This isn’t Brandons fault and I wouldn’t expect him to tailor-make videos for every country but is worth noting if you are somewhere where the IT job market is very different from America.
Very indepth course and value for money if you buy it during a Udemy sale